Thursday, January 20, 2011

Messages in a Bowl (No longer A Message in a Bottle)

Assalamualaikum and a very good day to all the readers,

Is this consider as MESSAGE in a bottle? Hahaha


First thing first, I would like to begin my entry with a very warm smile.. ;D..Taadaa (Just pretend that it is the real warm smile from me ok?)

As for this week, it was extremely another good week for me and hopefully for my students as well. :D.. As for this week, I refused to have my lesson in the classroom. Therefore, I took my 2F students to the LALA LAND (the students claimed that LALA LAND is the coolest place to hang out in UiTM Perak so far) and also I am conducting my lesson behind the new OM building for my 2G students (Salute to Hanif, Bboy, Shafiq, Shukery, Amir as well as Aznil for lying down on the floor while writing your messages)

The idea was actually to ask my students to bring an empty bottle together with them. However, I couldn't find a huge pale or basin. I could only afford to bring a fish bowl and I HAVE TO PRETEND that the tiny winny bowl is an OCEAN...Hahaha... But, the most important thing is that, the lesson can still be conducted as planned. :D

I made them sat in a group and each group must choose 1 STATE (I provided them with Atlas) and each group members must choose 1 ISLAND from the state that they have chosen and memorized it.

Then I asked them to imagine that they are stranded on the particular island that they have chosen and the have to write a message and put in inside a bottle (In my case, I used plastic 'ORANG KUAT' and students have to put their message inside the fish bowl). The so called OCEAN.. Hehehe.. As for the 2F class, I am sorry ARIF since your paper is wet. I guess you have to stay on that ISLAND for the rest of your life. Hahahaha (Evil laugh)...

I am impress with the students' creativity to fold their paper and with various shapes. It is good to see a rabbit floating on the water, hearts, ships and not to forget frog. Hehehe.. You guys are CREATIVE PEOPLE.

Let's pretend that the 2G students found the messages

Later that day, I asked my students from 2G to replay the messages (As if they found the message). At that particular time I started to hear my 2G students, laughing and also busy asking me whether the messages are from male or female students. Well students, male or female, if you want, just write your NUMBER (make use of the oppurtunity that you get). Hahaha..

I just can't wait to see my students' reaction when they get back their messages and I do hope that this writing activity will encourage them to write creatively. Apart from that, it was actually a lesson on how to write a body paragraph with main idea and supporting details.

Lastly, to Hanif from 2F class, I would appreciate if you can give me the photos that you had taken during our class last Wednesday so that I can upload it in my blog. Hehehe... And also for me to keep them as remembrance. Till here, and let's just pray that the upcoming weeks, we are healthy and able to be part of the activities that I will be conducting. DO TAKE CARE and be good.


2 comments:

  1. hee~ no prob Miss Laily. I will give you those photos via email or just burn it on CD. Maybe not today, maybe next week~ insyaAllah~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Laily?Hahaha..it s kind of funny when someone actually call me that.. Thanks btw.

    ReplyDelete